If you don't need a local copy of your Vault (due to space limitations, files that you don't need to access a lot,..) you can follow some steps to create a Vault and only have it online at myNomadesk.com, without a local copy of the Vault.
Nomadesk also allows you to connect to your Vaults via WebDAV.
That way you don't need a local image file to access your data. For more information on how to set up a WebDAV connection to your Vaults, please have a look at the specific WebDAV articles in our knowledge base.
- create a new Vault (remember that you can create as many Vaults as you need for free)
- put the data in the Vault that you want to store online
- when the Dashboard shows "in sync", all the data in the local Vault is also on myNomadesk.com
- next, remove the local copy of the Vault:
- open your Nomadesk Dashboard
- click on the icon next to your Vault
- select remove
- this will remove only the local copy, not the Vault on myNomadesk.com
- if you need access to the Vault later on, you can re-add it to your Dashboard or access the data directly via the webinterface at myNomadesk.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.